Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ooo's and Aahhh's

Sorry for no blog yesterday, I was dealing with a fussy baby who just had her two month shots (this will be tomorrow's blog). But today is a more fun, less emotionally draining topic--my baby talks! Sort of, she's cooing--so she thinks she's talking (and for all purposes, so do I).


All parents know that a smile melts your heart, but when you hear your child laugh or coo it explodes your heart. Thia's been making her own words (sounds) for a couple of weeks now, and I can't get enough of it. We seriously sit and "talk" for hours a day. To be completely frank, they are the best conversations I've ever had in my life.
One of the funniest sounds she makes is very high pitched. It sounds like a cross between a laugh and a cry. The first time I heard it I thought something was wrong, but then I noticed she was smiling. The first time my mom and husband saw it, they both told her "oh, no" thinking she was about to cry. I had to explain that she was thoroughly amused and just telling them that. Now that I've realized this is a "word," it's actually one of my favorite sounds. 


While I can't get enough of our conversations, I eat it up even more when the husband gets home and gets her going. I think this is because I'm the bystander watching someone else enjoy similar priceless moments I have everyday. Also, it shows off how smart she is! 
I know all babies do this, and it's nothing new to the world. However, it's new to my world! What were some of your thoughts when you're baby started "talking?"


No comments:

Post a Comment